Wednesday, December 5, 2007

 
I have hated those years when I waited till the very last moment to finish my wrapping.  I stay up late, wind up with a back ache and exhausted the next day, unable to enjoy the holiday.  The problem with wrapping is that usually the wrapping paper, scissors, tape, and bows are either in four different locations or buried so deep in a closet somewhere that you feel like Indiana Jones when you need to locate them.
 
Here is a tip to help you avoid this problem.
 
Many stores now carry "wrapping stations".  This is a tall container that will hold multiple rolls of paper, this is a must have at this time of year.  Place all of your holiday wrap inside. 
 
Get a small box that will hold scissors, tape, tags, and bows and put them all inside.  These supplies will be used only for wrapping.  (You may need to disguise the box. In my family these things go missing very easily when anyone but me knows where they are) 
 
Place your supplies in a place that is easily accessible.
 
Make a commitment to yourself to wrap each item as you purchase it, or at the very least, have a limit of how many items you will allow to go unwrapped.  For instance, once you have five gifts, wrap them!  If you make that commitment, when that sixth gift arrives the voice inside you will inspire you to remember your commitment and start wrapping. 
 
Good luck and best wishes on avoiding paper cuts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee.....gift bags from the dollar store have become my saving grace.  Little tissue paper thrown in and it's done.  I used to love wrapping packages and making them all pretty, but anymore....eh...

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your organizational skills!  I couldn't bother with this in a thousand centuries lol.  As good the idea is how good my ignorance, think I'll stay that way lol it's more genuine to the forgetful clutterbug I am.  GFY!  xoxo CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/