Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Does this not sound lovely?

While it isn't Friday, I had to share this poem. My schedule is busy over the next couple of weeks and my computer access will be down so I will be mixing things up a bit over the next week or so.

It is cold rainy day here on Long Island.  I have a day ahead of me and I sit sipping tea looking out at the dreariness I must enter.  I have a place that I go to in my mind that is quite lovely.  It is a meditation spot in Ireland on the top of a high cliff.  It has a single room house complete with a stocked herbal apothecary.  Well... here.... this poem paints part of the picture.  I quite pleased when I found it.

197.jpg Thatched Roof Cottage image by EndlessTraveler90

The Lake Isle Of Innisfree
Poem lyrics of The Lake Isle Of Innisfree by William Butler Yeats.

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made:
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honeybee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.
And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet's wings.
I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart's core.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the place that it takes your mind.  Very nice Rosemary.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Have a good week.
Missie

Anonymous said...

that was so fitting for what I imagined your "place" would be based on your description of it; good picture for it too!!

take care of yourself over these next few weeks

betty

Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful.  My quiet place is along a stream.  A quiet one.  I am sitting alongside of it with Jesus.  We are sitting in the plush grass, amidst lots of wildflowers.  We are talking.  About whatever we want.  That is where I go when I need peace.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

Wow what a lovely place!!!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

LOVE the picture of that house and I can just smell the scent of all the herbs. I love anything and everything herbal and I think they are Mother Nature's "medicines"....alice

Anonymous said...

amen, sister.  swing by and pick me up on the way...

~A