Thursday, May 29, 2008

Everyday Hero's

Today I am at Magic Smoke, but this topic is so important that I posting the same information here.

I found this inspiring story and wanted to share it with everyone here in J-Land.  Please forward this information to as many people as possible.

Many times we hear of the horrible situations kids are living in, or have died in, because of child abuse.  There are so many times that I wish there was something I could have done.  I know people who work in the system that tries to protect these children.  They work hard, long hours.  They are overworked and under paid and still they try their best.  They need help.  You can make a difference. You can help end child abuse and keep kids safe.

There is a group called CASA, Child Appointed Special Advocates that trains people to work with these children and help protect them.  The training only takes 30 hours and the time commitment is 10 hours per month.  If you have been considering any kind of volunteer work I urge you to look into this opportunity.  For more information watch the video clip below and then visit this web site http://www.nationalcasa.org/index.asp.  I certainly plan on it.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - this sounds right up my alley.

I would love to volunteer for something like this. I emailed them for more informaton.

My name is Michelle -from NJ! Nice to meet you!!!

I'm not sure if I would have time to do this with my three kids right now but sometime in the near future I would be very interested!!!

Thanks for the information

Love,

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Very nice Rosemary.  I'm sure this will encourage people to at least get information from this place.  You have planted a seed.  Good work.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I did check and they have an office where I live now so I put down my email address for them to contact me; thanks again Rosemary!

betty