Monday, May 12, 2008

Getting Organzized (continued)

                           Organize.jpg Organize image by Screwallofyouhxc
Last week we were talking about spring cleaning and organizing your home.  Granted it was a step by step condensed into one week.  For some, one week might do it, realistically it could take months, but the process remains the same.  Getting organized isn't as difficult as it seems, but it is time consuming. 
 
Through the years I have found that most people, myself included, tend to try to organize everything all at once.  The initial organization goes well, but then once everything is organized, you think it will stay that way.  Then, as time goes by and life happens, things go awry again, and poof, you are once again a disorganized mess! (I speak from personal experience here!)
 
Last week I spoke about working clockwise, and keeping focus.  On Thursday I gave you a challenge and this was to help you narrow it down so that you will have a greater chance for success.   The challenge was to find one thing you wanted to organize and to work from there.  Choosing one things will help you keep your focus, see results and encourage success.  Most likely you have already chosen your "thing" to organize and if so, chances are you are already half way there or done. 
 
So, you might be thinking, what next?  I have gotten this under control, where do I go from here?  If you are already moving on to the next "project" STOP.  Try waiting a day or so.  Focus on what you have just organized and answer the following questions.
 
~ What is the likelihood of keeping this organized?
~ What will stop me from keeping this organized?
~ What can I do to help me keep this organized?
~ Who can I get to help me keep this organized?

Before you move on to the next project, make sure you have a plan to keep what you have already achieved, organized.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost always keep organized what I organize.  Lately I am not organized because I have a lot on my plate, and b/c of my recent move, but normally my home is very organized.  My motivation is to not have it get a wreck again, and to be able to find things when I need them.  Who helps me?  Myself.  What I do is just put things away as I go along, after I use them.  My motivation in doing so is to have a neat and tidy home, and to be able to find things again the next time I want to use them.  

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I know what I want to organize and I've attempted it several times in the past few days but its beyond me. There's always tomorrow i guess.

Amy

Anonymous said...

organization is one of my spiritual gifts, LOL; love to do it; I find though the older I get and with my memory failing I have to write down more than I used to be able to remember; especially with this move; I know I put something away some place but now can't remember where although I knew for sure I would remember it when I was unpacking; I find I can't procrastinate when it comes to organizing something or all my best thought out plans don't amount to much

betty