Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Submission

I was out one afternoon shopping and I found some usual crayons that are made by Crayola. They are called Crayola Twistable Slick Stix.

 

 
 
Now I know I am 45, but crayons still fill my mind with fun and imagination.  I still love to color and so does my daughter.  I pulled one out of the package and tried it on a scrap piece of paper and tried the crayon out.  WOW.  It was amazing!  It was magic!  As I ran the crayon across the paper the line was so smooth and so vibrant I was in awe.  I knew my daughter Emily would be just as excited about them so I bought them.  When I got  home the whole family was at the table when I gave them to Emily.  Her reaction was just as I expected and my 21 year old son and husband were just as excited. 
 
A couple of days later I found a picture on my refrigerator.  It was so vibrant and it just captured my heart.  I left it there for a few days, but then had to put it in a safe place until I could get a frame as I didn't want it to get ruined.  My first thought when I saw it was that I thought it would make a great "Nice Matters" award.  Sooooo here is my submission.
 
                                 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LIKE it!!!!!!!!!!                          Marlene
      http://journals.aol.com/domsmom27/one-day-at-a-time

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Perfect!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautful!
Great story too. I will look for them at the store. You gto me all excited already....LOL
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Very sweet....I like it!
It almost seems appropriate that your daughter should have this honor, ya know?
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I think it is very pretty!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! and those crayons sound like fun; I too like to color

I'll have to think about something; I'm not very artistic but I'll see if anything pops into my head

meanwhile, I love your submission!

betty

Anonymous said...

You're right.  It would make a picture for the award.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I need a new box(64 pack).  I used up several from my last box , painting on candles.  
This would make a very nice sticker for the award.
                                                                                         Leigh

 

Anonymous said...

It took me a little while to find the time to try this...anyway I just posted my version over at my journal hon. (Hugs) Indigo
http://journals.aol.com/rdautumnsage/ravens-lament/entries/2008/07/05/nice-a-concept-for-inspiration/1053

Anonymous said...

hi rosemary, it's wonderful so bright and cheery! take care mrs t xx