Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Call 911 I'm Stuck To My Chair

        This just may be my best coaching tip yet!

                                   legs-1.jpg Sexy image by sayddie

Now, this tip is really just for the girls, but guys please read it as you just may save your SOB a lot of undue pain.  (SOB stands for Significant Other Being)

Everyone in J-land is complaining about the heat.  With the heat comes shorts, skirts, bathing suits and bear legs.  You are going about your day and unwittingly sit down with no forethought of the attack that is about to take place.  It could happen any where, a stadium chair, a church pew, a car seat, a park bench, you never know when it will happen.  You are sitting in the seat, minding your own business, and then it assault takes place.  You have to get up out of the chair to go do something.  That is when you realize that the chair has laid its claim on the back of your legs with an unrelenting grip.  As you slowly lift yourself out of the chair you pray that no one will see the tears streaming down your face.  Once you have freed your self from the vice grip hold this inanimate object has on you, you look to the spot to check to see how much of your leg will need to be reattached at the emergency room, as you are fairly certain that you have left a minimum of six layers of epidermis on the surface below.

Now ladies I bear tidings of great joy.  I have developed a cure!!!   It was quite by accident and all thanks to a mosquito whom I never got to thank!  Last summer I was sitting on my wooden chair working on my computer.  I had a mosquito bite on the back of my leg about 4 inches past the crease of my knee.  The heat from the chair started to bother the bite on the back of my leg and begged to be scratched.  So, I lifted my knee off of the chair towards the direction of my chest and applied my nails to the area.  I no sooner got done with that task when the bite on the back of my other leg begged for attention as well.  Obligingly I lifted my other leg, in the same manner, and gave that bite equal time.  It was at that moment the phone rang and I had to go in search of the phone.  (No one puts it back where it belongs, including me!)  I jumped up from the chair and realized I didn't stick!  There was no pain.  Now this was immediately obvious to me as early in the summer my chairs train me well on how to remove myself slowly as to cause the least amount of pain. So, when I accidentally jumped up, it was quite apparent that the chair had a secret it wasn't telling.  There was in fact an easy way to release yourself from its clutches!

Ladies, try it!  Next time you are stuck to your chair lift your knee  and bring it slightly towards your chest. This will release the skin very easily from the suction the chair has on you making it simple to ease yourself out of your chair with no pain involved. Now if you are the type that likes to experiment, you can lift one knee and not the other and in one quick step try out both methods!  Choose which leg you like best before you conduct this experiment.

Good luck and share this with everyone and let me know what the results are!

(Men do not go through this.  I checked.  It seems they have a protective layer of hair that frees them from this burdensome pain.  But just so you guys know what the pain is a kin to; Imagine getting a paper cut and pouring lemon juice on it.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Men have it so easy.  I'll have to go out later and stick myself to a chair so I can take your survey.  :-D


Amy

Anonymous said...

thanks for the advice, Rosemary!! looking forward to trying this; it makes perfect sense :)

betty

Anonymous said...

OK I don't have that problem here because I have everything cushioned here for that very reason:) Your solution sounds very feasible so I voted it worked...alice

Anonymous said...

I'm seriously trying to comment, but I'm laughingly from the comment Amy left about getting herself stuck to a chair to take the survey.

Ahh I'm too much of a tomboy it seems, I'm rarely without my jeans on. These days I don't worry about tanning either, something about going on 43 makes you ponder the stupidity of earlier years and getting so dark no one would find you in the dark if they wanted to.

Add in excessive jaunts to the woods, with a romping dog. Rescuing cats...seriously I'm suppose to wear shorts(winks)...I did enjoy this little survey though. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

I tried it, it works, LOL!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I stand so much, move around all the time. Even at work, I always wanted a "high" computer(though my bosses didn't want me to have one ;-).  I'll read a journal entry, comment & then go do something. I read standing & was once told that is an "autistic trait." Uhm, ok.  So, I swear, this just doesn't seem to happen to me.  I also love the heat &  have an excellent tolerance for it, very lucky. BUT, I'm sure I'll need to go to another Bar Mitzvah at some point.....
~Mary

Anonymous said...

LOL...like I can lift my knees to my chest...or jump up in a hurry either for that matter.  You are not talking to us older ladies...LOL.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

It does work! LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

Once I realize I'm stuck to a chair, I just sit there.  Clearly, my energy level is off the charts.

~A

Anonymous said...

Not only does it work, it is also a good palate for the abdomen.
Karen