Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Eureka!

 
Back when I started my Journal/Blog I posted a story about my daughter, son and friends and I.
 
The short version of the story is, I asked my daughter to do take a shower and she said, "I'll Try".
I responded with, "There is no 'trying' there is only doing"
One of my sons friends who was near by said, "I like that!  It sounds like something from a movie"

I smiled and said “No, it’s a personal quote used when there is no room for anything but action."

 

 
Last night I was watching Star Wars Episode V.  (My Favorite)  It features Young Luke's Jedi training.
 
Guess what I learned....  Yoda told Luke the same thing!  I had unwittingly stolen a quote from Yoda.  Who knew Yoda was a Life Coach, and a very good one at that!
 
Yoda is one of my favorite fictional characters because there is so much wisdom in whathe says.  I had no idea how much of an impact Yoda has had on me until last night, but it was truly an inspirational revelation.
 
Think about it in regard to your life.  What is it that you desire?  What is it that you need and want  most?  What are you doing to obtain it?  Are you trying or are you doing?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

great things to think about this morning; I like to think I am doing, but most of the time I find myself trying, but I keep trying so eventually I think I'll be doing.

have a great day

betty

Anonymous said...

Actions speak louder than words

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an Ah Ha moment...LOL.  I was never a Star Wars fan but maybe I should revisit that.  Have a great day.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Loved Star Wars and Yoda is my favorite lil green dude.  I like your quote.

Anonymous said...

Truly wise words when it comes to trying to get a teenager to move. Mine is turning 20 this June, so I can definitely relate. Somewhere I came across indian quotes from the great chiefs. It's amazing how simple the logic of some of the things they said were, yet so awe inspiring. I'll have to try to find the site again and pass it your way. I think you'd enjoy it immensely. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Excellent entry!!  I really enjoyed this.  It's definitely my book I want most to happen these days.  I am closer than ever before.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

good one i wll have to remember that one! love little yoda too, i grew up with star wars, i had a lot of figures too, the original ones! still got them in the loft. yodo is my prize figure kept him safe for years! I am trying do do what i desire but i think i am doing the wrong things! LOL the magic roundabout comes to mind! round and round i go...LOL take care mrs t xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mleppard06/eternity/