Monday, January 7, 2008

Resolutions take planning

Did you make a New Years Resolution?

Most people I know didn't make a New Years Resolution this year.  When I asked them why, the answer was unanimous, they said because they never wind up keeping them.

Number one resolution is to loose weight, most people will fail. This is a truth across the board.  If you go to the gym this week, the gym will be so packed you won't be able to move.  If you go to the gym on February 7, it will have people in it, but you will be able to move easily. 

The problem with resolutions is that there is very little thought behind them.  You know what you need to do for yourself, and you have a good idea on how to do it, but more often then not you do not put any planning behind it.

Successful change takes planning and that is what we will focus on this month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im also going to make losing weight my goal this year.    It was my resolution when I was 33 when I first joined the gym which I am still a member of.   Who would have thought????    My body just doesnt want to comply.
Found this online.    Shhhh....apparently its the secret why we women cant lose weight over 40.

http://www.drlark.com/free/thin_steps.asp

xoxo~Donna

Anonymous said...

Excellent entry!!  Happy New Year!!!
Lisa