Friday, October 26, 2007

Far Away Lover

Far Away Lover

by Cathy Rapicano

 

It avails you not, to think upon distance

nor the might of the realm of space -

for that is all it can ever be,

this great thing that now separates -

and you and I, we are so much more

while urging hearts to a faster pace.

I think upon you, and though feel as I do

the need to race and linger

at your side,

I give to this no never mind.

For you are contained within the ocean of my heart,

and will never go out with the tide.

 

 

For more of Cathy's poetry you may visit her journal at: http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could one be more honored?  My extreme gratitude for taking the initiative to  read something I wrote, for in the end, it's the reason that we put pen to paper.  We want to share our selves.  Thank you for sharing part of me!  xoxo CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/    

Anonymous said...

That is such a nice poem.  Great work Cathy!!!