Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Witch and St. Anthony

We have been dealing with some very serious matters.  I would like to lighten it up a bit... 

Here is a story about a Witch (me, I fancy myself a witch) and St. Anthony.

The other day my daughter and I went to the mall.

I got in my car

It has a cute Bumper Sticker

This is my key chain 

 I went to the mall to buy this 

 

and these 

While I was buying the above, I took out my keys to prepare my walk to the car.  The cashier handed me my bag, and off I went.  As I was walking out of

 

when I bought the glasses  I passed a card store.

 It had a wonderful Halloween display.

That is where I saw this.  It begged me to buy it.

so I bought it.  Then I went to grab the keys.

GONE!  So, I went back to Macy's, then back to the card store then back to Macy's and then back to the card store then back to Macy's.  Ok I am sure you have the idea. 

At Macy's they kept telling me to go to lost and found.  I thought they were nuts.  I only lost the keys 15 min. before.  But, alas, a prayer to St. Anthony and a trip to the Lost and Found, produced the keys!  The person standing next to me when I bought the glasses took my keys thinking they were theirs!  They were nice enough to return them.

So Yes, a Witch can pray to a Saint and have a prayer answered.

  Thank you Saint Anthony!

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Catholic Witches.  I don't care what anybody says...you can totally be both.  ;-P

::hug hug hug::

~Amy

Anonymous said...

My Mother was Catholic. She would just know when things were going to happen.  Sometimes really simple things like: Mary don't go outside there is a large strange dog in the back yard~ but she hadn't actually looked out the window, at other times, she'd know very serious things.  The Church told her to ignore those thoughts.  Uhm, ok. NO ;-).  ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Halloween is fun.... fall is such a great time of year!
Hugs,
Lisa