Tuesday, June 12, 2007

About Me

 

About Me.

 

Rather then the usual statistics that are listed on my web site I will tell you a little bit about who I am.

 

Last week I explained that I define myself by my friends, so I will start there.  I have found that by describing my friends, I describe myself as well.  I have had the most unusual and wonderful blessing that anyone could be blessed with.  My friends have become friends.  People, who didn’t know each other before and met because I introduced them, have become friends.  They do things together, they share with one another and stay in touch because they enjoy each others company.

 

My friends are open minded and warm.  They enjoy variety in ideas and people.  They are loyal and dependable.  They feel comfortable speaking the truth when they know you need to hear it and are confident you will continue to love them even still.  They have faith in the human spirit and understand people make mistakes.  They offer forgiveness quickly and qualify it with a warm embrace.

 

“A friend is someone who will bail you out of jail no matter what time of night it is, A GOOD friend is someone who will be sitting there next to you saying “damn that was fun”.

 

My friends are always there for me and if they aren’t sitting next to me there are only two reasons for that.

 

  1. Its because I am not sitting there because they had the good sense to talk me out of doing whatever would have landed me in jail.
  2. They just weren’t with me at the time and they will come to bail me out. (with the stern warning that they better be invited next time.

 

(Disclaimer: For those of you who don’t know me, I have never actually been arrested, and to my knowledge neither have any of my friends this story is just and analogy)

 

Most importantly my friends let me, be me!

 

Things I enjoy:

 

  1. An empty church or a quiet corner.  I have tea with God ever morning.
  2. Watching my kids do something that makes them truly happy.
  3. A long day at work that ends with a feeling of accomplishment.
  4. Parties with all of my friends
  5. A ride out to the vineyards with the top down on the convertible
  6. Sitting out side with a glass of wine or Lemoncello and a good cigar.
  7. Reading.  Almost anything and everything.
  8. A quiet night, dinner by candle light, soft music, good conversation, maybe a dance in the moonlight, and then…
  9. Poetry, I love poetry!
  10. My Heritage.  I love to learn about it, talk about it and I especially love the music and the dance.  I’m Irish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great entry!!!  Thanks for sharing!!!  
Lisa