Thursday, June 7, 2007

Who do you think you are?

When someone asks you the question “who are you?” what do you answer?  I’m a mother, a father, an accountant, a gardener.  How do you define yourself? Do you define yourself by your job, your vocation, your passion, your hobbies? 

I define myself by my friends.  I am blessed to have the most amazing group of friends that anyone could imagine.

 

Last October I felt like my life was a drawing in an Etchasketch and God turned it over, shook it up and handed it back to me and said “do over!”

 

There wasn’t much anyone could do except, they all knew exactly what to do!  They were there.  They called.  They stopped by.  They wrote letters.  They took me out for burgers.  The brought me over fruit.  They called.  They listened.  They said they loved me. 

 

The abundance of their love was humbling, yet it filled me with a strength that can only be found in true love.  My friends truly love me and I truly love them.

 

There are no words adequate enough to thank my friends.  When I try to thank them, it’s almost like they get insulted.  This is because they know the secret. 

 

The secret is, where there is love, that is all that one needs, and the more you give it away, the more you get back.

 

Who do you think you are?  Oh, you know who you are, and you know how much I love you, and how thankful I am to have you in my life!  I love you and I will always be here for you!

 

No comments: