Thursday, June 14, 2007

Gratitude

Gratitude.

 

What do you have to be grateful for? 

 

Maybe you are going through an ordeal right now.  Perhaps a loved one has passed, or a family member is dealing with an addiction.  Maybe you are facing a divorce or your partner is separated from you by time and distance.  Maybe society had treated you unfairly, or worse, you feel as if you have no one to turn to.

 

These situations make it very difficult to find things to be thankful for, but I would like to challenge you.  Each one of us has had times in our life when we felt alone and like we just couldn’t go on.  This is part of life.  However, the faster you recover and begin to believe that there is something beautiful to look forward to, the faster something beautiful will come.

 

It is important for us to feel good as often as possible.  If we feel good, our health is better, our relationships are better, and our outlook is better.

 

The more grateful we feel, the better we will feel.  Let me start with a list of things that I am grateful for and let this be a starting place for you. Read my list then list all of the things that you are grateful for.

 

Here is the beginning of my list.

 

I am grateful for:

 

The amazing love that has entered into my life.

 

The wonderful family I have, and my friends, who I consider family as well.

 

For the ecstasy I have known.

 

For my bed, pillow and blanket at the end of the day.

 

The ability to dance, read, sing, speak, and play.

 

My health and my friends and family’s health.

 

Twizzlers and Chocolate.

 

Music.

 

Wine.

 

The ability to be able to work.

Modern technology (my computer).

 

Flowers in the spring.

 

Poetry.

 

Harry Potter, Johnny Depp and the movies they are associated with.

 

Halloween and Christmas.

 

The ability to find things to be grateful for even in the face of tragedy.

 

This is only part of my list.  Do you share any of the above?  What do you have to be grateful for? 

 

I would love to hear from you if you care to share them with me.

 

Be Blessed and Be Grateful!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am so thankful... warm bed, nice home, computers and other luxuries... but mostly for my family and that we have jobs and food and good health.
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/