Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mountain? What Mountain? Nobody said anything about a Mountain!

Mountain? 

What mountain? 

No one said anything about any mountain!

 

Ok, I can hear you saying, “Rosemary, Rosemary, you told me all I have to do is believe in my dream, have faith it will happen, and be grateful that I have received it, and it will be mine”.  Yes, yes this is true.

 

Remember this though:

 

Faith can move mountains, but the mountain wouldn’t come to Mohammed, so Mohammed had to go to the mountain!

 

Maybe you only have your dream, with no way of knowing how you are going to achieve it, this is perfectly fine.  Anyone who had achieved great things never knew at the beginning how they were going to do it.  They only saw the finished product and knew it would happen.

 

Beyond belief, faith and gratitude, there is another step.  Whatever your dream is begin to act on it and live it as if you have already achieved it.  Let me give you an example.  Say you want to get in shape.  Live your life as if you are already in the shape you wish to be in.  I will explain further:

 

After the birth of my first son I had 45 extra pounds on me.  I am only five feet tall, weighed 150lbs and was in a size 16.  To be honest with you, I had always been out of shape and overweight.  I felt miserable and I wanted to change so I started living like I was thin and fit.  I changed my eating habits, not by “dieting” but by asking myself “Is this what I would eat if I were thin and fit?”  I put pictures everywhere of girls that had the body shape I wanted so I would be able to visualize what I would look like when I achieved my goal.  The pictures were also a constant reminder of my dream. They helped me keep my focus and reminded me to live as if I was already fit.  I began an exercise program and when I wanted to quit, or not workout, those pictures motivated me and reminded me to live my dream.

 

Eight months after the birth of my first son I weighed 108lbs, five pounds less then the day I got married.  A few weeks later I discovered I was pregnant, again!  This was not a problem however.  I continued to live he healthy life style I had developed and only gained 23lbs.  I was quickly back to my 108 and eventually got down to 103 before I got pregnant again.  At the age of 31 I gave birth to my daughter and afterward was in the best shape of my life!

 

My point?  I didn’t see a way for my dream to happen.  I believed it could happen. I developed my plan along the way and I broke it down into parts.  Now matter what your dream is,  you can do it too!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh you don't know how I needed to hear this.  Excellent entry!  I can apply this to two of my dreams.
Hugs,
Lisa