Friday, June 15, 2007

One of My Passions...

Poetry and Faeries!

Yes, Faerie is spelled properly.  It is the proper celtic spelling of the word. And yes, I do believe!

I have mentioned that I have a passion for poetry so I thought that I would share my favorite poem with you.  It was written by Thomas Moore (1779-1852) of Ireland

 

        The Argument

 

I've oft been told by learned friars,
That wishing and the crime are one,
And Heaven punishes desires
As much as if the deed were done.

If wishing damns us, you and I
Are damned to all our heart's content;
Come, then, at least we may enjoy
Some pleasure for our punishment!

                                   ~Thomas Moore

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute poem...

Anonymous said...

Quoting Thomas Moore!  And he's so right, if thinking about it is considered doing it, why not enjoy?  Cause we're all going to imagine, anyway.  CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/