Saturday, August 25, 2007

Dealing with Judgmental People

Next Weeks Topic:  Dealing with Judgmental People

It has been an interesting week for me with an overall theme, both at home and in various   It seems that many of us, myself included have had to deal with some judgmental opinions from others.
 
I think next weeks theme will be some coaching techniques for dealing with "Judgmental People."
 
At the beginning of this week I put a clip in my Blog from my favorite movie "Dangerous Beauty."  With the topic of Judgmental people at hand, I would like to share the clip below.  I think it will be an interesting backdrop for the subject ahead.
 
The scene below takes place after Veronica Franco had seduced the French King and secured his help in Venice's war against the Turks.  Veronica is considered a national hero, to the men at least.  The wives were uneducated and knew little of what went on in politics or the world.  Veronica was summoned by her former friend, Beatrice, to a gathering of the wives of Venice.  They wanted to learn what was going on in their world.  Some wives were judgmental, some grateful.  The particularly pinched faced nasty blond is Guilia, is the wife of the man that Veronica loves, and ultimately willing to die for. 
 
Enjoy!
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judgmental people....I know this topic well.  I'm guessing anyone who bucks the norm does...

(so when are you gonna start a personal blog as well?! ;-P)

~Amy

Anonymous said...

This is a good topic... came close to me last week that's for sure.  I am glad that in almost four years of journaling it hasn't happened to me too often.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I have dealt with this far too often.    Most recently from my own Mother.... Who considers herself to be a devote Catholic/Christian.    

I dont understand why those who say they are closest to God feel they have the right to point their fingers the most.     It has always not made sense to me.  

I have always believed that when you point your finger at others you have 3 pointing at yourself.

~Donna

Anonymous said...

As Donna quotes Mark Knoffler (Dire Straits) about pointing fingers, I'm given to think that without judgment of SOME kind we'd be all the poorer for knowing how we're viewed, our place in the world.  Some don't find it for many ages.  Even the "I'm right" judges, the "I know the answers" types, the "You're offbase" ones, they have their places and without them we'd be hard-pressed to secure and DEFEND our own.  You picked a good clip to bring your point home - yet you know there will always be people who'll judge you using wrong information, harsh, cold tones, rough edges, and general superiority.  Since they'll never accept your views, pay them no mind.  It's usually a virulent case of jealousy anyway,  Just stay true to "Rosemary", that's my humble opinion. xoxo  CATHY