Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Seduction

My Seduction.
 
I thought now might be a good time to share a little bit about myself and what seduces me.
 
For starters Love. 
 
"To be loved by another is to see the face of God" 
~Closing line in Les Miserables
 
"Just because you took a vow, doesn't mean you know how to love." 
 ~Veronica Franco, Dangerous Beauty
 
I love fiercely, friends and lovers alike.  I define myself by those who call me "friend."  Those who know me, know that there is nothing that I wouldn't do for them.  For me, happiness equals love.
 
Through others, love can be experienced in:
A lovers touch
An orgasm
A picture
A shared glass of wine
A note
A kiss
An embrace
A flower
A poem
A mutual experience
A pleasure in common
 
The next thing that seduces me is Learning:
 
Learning is another passion of mine.  I love to read, research, watch shows, any type of venue that might offer me knowledge.
 
My greatest learning pleasure is meeting people who are different then myself.  I enjoy getting to know others whose views or ideas are completely different then mine.  I believe that it is important to learn as much as we can about one another.  I have learned that you do not need to agree with someones ideas or life style, to find a common purpose and grounds to enjoy each others company.  I have also found that usually you have more in common then you think.  If you give a person time, commonalties will out shine the differences.
 
Last:
Simple pleasures seduce me.  I have a long list.
 
My lovers voice.
A glass of wine at the end of the day.
A terry cloth robe when I get out of the shower.
My first sip, from my first cup, of green tea with honey in the morning.
Dancing.
Hearing a favorite song come on the radio.
Laying down on my bed with my head on my pillow at the end of the day.
A night out with the girls.
A quite dinner at a nice restaurant.
Writing.
Seeing a post on my Blog.
Meeting someone new.
Reading others stories in their blogs.
Curling up with a good book and a glass of wine.
Sitting on my front porch.
Watching my children succeed at something they desperately wanted to.
Riding my bicycle.
Making a great dinner that everyone enjoyed.
A clean house.
A weeded garden.
A long drive.
A walk in the park.
A visit to a museum.
A compliment, and giving a compliment.


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on most of those....except the 'clean house' one...'cause that would mean I'd have to clean it myself.  LOL

My most recent pleasure is the Ginger Peach Reed Diffuser from Pier 1.  I could sit there and sniff that thing all day.  ;-P

~Amy