Saturday, February 2, 2008

Acohol Abuse

This is a hoot, but I suspect the minister didn't appreciate it.

        A minister was completing a temperance sermon. With great emphasis he said, 'If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.' 

        With even greater emphasis he said, 'And if I had All the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.'

        And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he  said, 'And if I had all the whiskey in the world,  I'd take it and pour it into the river.'
      Sermon complete, he sat down.
 
       The song leader stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, nearly laughing, 'For our closing song let us sing Hymn #365, 'Shall We Gather at the River.'

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so cute!!

have a good day

betty

Anonymous said...

That is probably what everyone was thinking anyway...how funny.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

LOL!!  Being a preacher's granddaughter, when I was bored I would write the words "In a Bath tub after every song in the hymnal for fun with my best friend.  "Victory" In a bathtub, "Amazing Grace In a Bathtub" and so on....
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Yep, how appropriate can you get lol

Anonymous said...

aHAAA love it!!!  Thanks for the needed laughs!!  xo CATHY

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the smile hon! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

thank-you for the smile! after wrestling with a pop-up tent for the last 10 mins i needed that! mrs t xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mleppard06/eternity/