Friday, February 8, 2008

A Day Late: Hate.

Friday for me is usually poetry day.  I believe you can get to know the soul of a person by learning what they lovel. I love poetry.  Especially if it is romantic, or a bit naughty. But sometimes that varys.  Because of the "Nice Matters Award" going around I wanted to share this one with you.

I Had No Time To Hate                                                                                    by Emily Dickenson                                                                                    

I had no time to hate, because
The grave would hinder me,
And life was not so ample I
Could finish enmity.

Nor had I time to love, but since
Some industry must be,
The little toil of love, I thought,
Was large enough for me.


Tags: , ,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy Emily Dickenson's poetry; thank you for sharing this one

betty

Anonymous said...

Never been a poetry girl since those days of school when I felt it was forcably fed to me.

Maybe becasue I had trouble really understanding the meaning of some of them.
When I thought I had a clue, the teacher would tell me I was way off track.

I have my thoughts on this one, but again I may be way off track.

Some things never change.  lol

Gives me food for thought though.    

<3 Donna

Anonymous said...

i love poetry and this is a good one, I think life is too short to habour hate, i try not to dwell on it too much and let it interfere with life. Shame my  MIL spends here time hating for attention! take care mrs t xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mleppard06/eternity/

Anonymous said...

That's a good poem, thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Now this one I love.  Last week was very unusual.  This one is beautiful  Thank you.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I love Emily Dickenson's poetry.
Especially her Nature ones.
I so enjoyed this one.
Jeanie    xxxx

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy poetry. To me it's the romance of the soul...Romance comes with pain, sorrow, joy and love....too many emotions most forget that one word applies to.
Thanks for sharing this! (Hugs) Indigo