Friday, February 8, 2008

nice REALLY matters!!!

I found out a bit late that Amy from TNT  and mrs t from Eternity awarded me the "Nice Matters" award!

It has taken me this long to be able to respond to this as this is so incredibly special to me and I wanted to make sure I did it justice.

I humbly accept with great excitement and gratitude!  Thank You!

Now as the rules go I understand I am to pass this award to five others in J-Land

As I have been reading various blogs such as Guido's Northern Trip  and  Indigo's from Raven Lament  they both felt that there were so many deserving people, and I agree.  There are! 

This got me to thinking about Cathy from Dare to Think and her Journal posts on Feb 2, 2008 when she said  "EVERYONE is special.  EVERYONE deserves to be validated in some way. "

When I put all of this together this is what I came up with.  J-Land is a very speical group of people.  They are incredibly gifted and willing to share their talent.  J-land is a place where people share their most private thoughts and beliefs and they are met with acceptance and understanding.  There are those time when someone may get hate mail, but the writer of said mail, usually reveals their ignorance and lack of understanding there by invalidating the point they were trying to make.

Bringing all of this full circle I came to believe that if we were able to take J-Land "live" and share the abundance of love in with the world, we could make a huge difference. (I truly believe World Peace is possible)

So, here is my idea.  What if we took our "Nice Matters" award LIVE!  Imagine actually handing someone the award and telling them why they are nice and that it does matter.

I was thinking it would be nice to have a small lapel pin created that says NICE! award that you could give to  the recipient and when you presented the award you could tell them why you feel they deserve it, either verbally or in writing.

This award would then come with the same stipulation, the award must be passed on to others.

What do you think J-Land? (I'm getting a quote onlapel pins)

Oh and all the above and many more deserve the award, but I would like to add one very speical J-Lander to this and that is Mary from Just Mary  She is an incrdible spirit that I am thankful for having met.

I also have a few non J-Landers I would like to add to this list if we go LIVE. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its a wonderful idea!! I'm not sure how to go about it, but I think it holds merit!

congrats on your award and I agree, Mary of Just Mary is one special woman!!!

betty

Anonymous said...

I think its a wonderful idea!! I'm not sure how to go about it, but I think it holds merit!

congrats on your award and I agree, Mary of Just Mary is one special woman!!!

betty

Anonymous said...

What an incredibly nice idea and leave it to you to think of it.  Kudo's my friend.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I have many questions about how we would go about getting it out there to the rest of the world but it is a wonderful idea!!!!  I am interested to hear more of your thoughts!!!  Wonderful entry!!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

yes, yes, yes!  I couldn't agree more.  In my life (and childhood included), I've often been one to let others know when I love them or appreciate them.   Sadly, it often worked against me as people (peers) would think I was kissing up for some reason.  And I swear I wasn't.    
If you sold these...I'd buy some and give them out.  
In fact, just yesterday, I bought myself 3 red carnations in the supermarket, to cheer me up.  The check out girl was so kind and patient, that when I left, I went back in and gave her one and said "Thanks...keep this to look at to keep yourself so cheery".  Same concept, right?
Go for it!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Another reason I love you becasue you come up with things like this.    Bravo!!   I think its an AMAZING IDEA!!

Kisses <3
Donna

Anonymous said...

congrats on the nice award! you deserve it. I think your idea is brilliant. Getting the nice award and the comments to the post were lovely it made me feel appriciated and liked. It cheered me up. I hope that by passing the award on that I passed on those feelings too. It would be great to be able to spread that feeling in the real world, maybe people would feel better about themselves, give them some confidence, it sure worked for me. A good idea well done.
take care luv mrs t xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mleppard06/eternity/

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I feel nice, <putting on nice face>,I will be nicer today just for having read this!
;o. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Too many people don't realize their kindness and "Nice-ness" is indeed appreciated. One of the reason's I did what I did with the award....Incidently I had hoped others would pass the award on to someone else other than me after I posted that.....not a chance....3 more came my way....sigh.....

There is a story called the Christmas Jar, wonderful read.....Incidently no matter what's going on in your life you take all your spare change and place it in the jar. Just before Christmas you leave the jar to someone less fortunate. No reasons, no notes just hand the jar over or leave it outside their door. You never know the exact amount of money in the jar, it doesn't matter...someone needed you to play if forward and come through when they least expected it. The point is to not let the beneficiaries know where the jar came from.....Now that is what being Nice is all about. (Hugs) Indigo