Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Define Yourself.

Eckhart Tolle, in his book "A New Earth" tells us, that which we fear loosing the most is what our Ego uses to define itself.  Our Ego is also how others define us.  Our Ego however is exactly what keeps us from experiencing true happiness.
 
Today I am going to share a couple of quotes:
 
"Deny thyself"   ~Jesus
 
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  ~William Shakespeare from Hamlet
 
"Be the valley of the universe" In this way you will be restored to wholeness and so "all things will come to you"  ~Tao Te Ching
 
Think about the quotes above and ask yourself.
 
What defines you?  If you loose the things you value most will that change who you are?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are killing me lately Rosemary.  My head hurts from thinking about the last question and here you are making me think again.  Thank you.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

The last question is so interesting.  And I believe the answer should be that if we lose the things we value most we should not change who we are.  But it is true for me?  I don't know.  I think to a degree, but I wish a lot more.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I didn't answer the first post about this, what am I afraid to lose the most, that answer would be my relationship with Jesus; I value that over all and everything else in my life.

If I lost that, will that change who I am? Yes; I will revert back to the type of person that I was before I allowed him to take charge of my life

betty

Anonymous said...

I think I would change as a person if I lost that one person or one thing that gives my life meaning.
Missie

Anonymous said...

The answer to me is nothing has a greater value than anything else in this world. We all stand equal in our own way. Those who devalue something most usually are the ones who are lost trying to find some worth within their lives. When you don't see the value of a life you abuse, you murder, you harm.....(Hugs) Indigo