Monday, February 25, 2008

The Winning Ticket

 
The winning lottery ticket!
 
I once heard a sermon on faith, belief and the Kingdom of God.  There are many names for this...Nirvana, Enlightenment, Zen, to name a few.  However this particular sermon went on to say that if you knew you had a winning Lottery Ticket in your pocket, no matter what happened, it wouldn't phase you because you knew you already had everything you need.
 
"A New Earth" by Eckert Tolle describes how we can all find this peace.  That it is already within us and is already here.
 
My last post was about an experience from when I was very small.  I plan to share some others as we discuss this further.  That experience came from the divine.  It wasn't a strength that came from me, my strength or my ego.  That was the divine that lives with in me, and that lives within you. 
 
"A New Earth" offers insight into how each of us can find this peace within us and bring it out into the world.  Learning how to see the world  through the eyes of the truly enlightened is how you can not only find peace in your own life, but the answer to bringing peace to the world.
 
It is sad that each one of us is holding that "winning ticket" yet we forget, even those that teach others find it hard to believe that they have that ticket.  This is what I would like to explore with you this week.
 
For now try to answer the following question:
 What is it that you are most afraid to loose?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW.  My first answer to your question was "my family".  Now that I have thought about it for a few minutes, I don't think that is it.  I need some serious time to think this one through, but I believe the answer is going to be "my soul".
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

hi rosemary, I feel i've lost the most important thing to me already! but now if i lost my boys i would have no purpose, as i have already lost my identity. i would imagine this is common for mothers. I met a vicar a few years back he did a thanksgiving service for my eldest, he seemed to be really content with his life, i asked him alot of questions at the time, but found no answers. he married my husband and i last september and he is still the same, so happy with his life. I will be following your enteries closely this week they sound like they will be interesting. take care mrs t xx

Anonymous said...

The thing that I'm most afraid to loose would be my husband.  He's my rock, my salvation.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Is not life itself the winning ticket? To strive to always learn, considering the knowlege and inner spirituality the gift....(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

It's nice to dream about the lotto but God has humbled me so much I don't think it would change us except that we might be able to do more for our family and loved ones and our church.  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Gee, this is hard.  My first thought was that I didn't want to lose people's respect for me.  Then looking down at the answers, I changed it to I didn't want to lose my soul.  Aren't those kind of like dualing answers?  Isn't people's respect for me just another way of saying people's opinion of me?  And yet at the same time I want to be terribly true and not lose my soul and be true before other people and God.  There is this terrible tug and pull.  I experience this daily.  I just want to be true to self, whoever that is.  Yes, my biggest fear is to lose myself, whoever that is.  I don't even know me yet, and I am 44.  Why do you make these questions so hard, LOL!  

Yes, the thing that I am most afraid to lose is myself, and to never know myself.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink
 

Anonymous said...

contentment and my relationship with God.  I agree with Krissy, too.  Hi, I am Krissy's sister, nice to meet you =).  Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason