Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Bit Of Inspiration

This is one of the songs and videos I watch and listen to when I need a shot of strength and courage.

GARTH BROOKS LYRICS

"Standing Outside The Fire"

We call them cool
Those hearts that have no scars to show
The ones that never do let go
And risk the tables being turned

We call them fools
Who have to dance within the flame
Who chance the sorrow and the shame
That always comes with getting burned

But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

We call them strong
Those who can face this world alone
Who seem to get by on their own
Those who will never take the fall

We call them weak
Who are unable to resist
The slightest chance love might exist
And for that forsake it all

They're so hell-bent on giving ,walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

Standing outside the fire
Standing outside the fire
Life is not tried, it is merely survived
If you're standing outside the fire

There's this love that is burning
Deep in my soul
Constantly yearning to get out of control
Wanting to fly higher and higher
I can't abide
Standing outside the fire

Standing outside the fire
Standing outside the fire
Life is not tried, it is merely survived
If you're standing outside the fire

Standing outside the fire
Standing outside the fire
Life is not tried, it is merely survived
If you're standing outside the fire

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm online now if you want to chat for a few min...

xo,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I love that song.  I have all GB's CDs.  Great choice for inspiration.  Love the video too.  Welcome back girlfriend...we missed you.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

That's a great song.
Missie

Anonymous said...

okay, I'm a bit emotional right now due to the stress of our move, LOL; I was in tears with this video, but it is a great motivation song; I have a 28-year-old nephew with Down syndrome who has always been encouraged by my brother/SIL to do the best he can; I think that's why this hit home so hard

thanks for adding me to your sidebar, that was so kind of you :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Dear Dear Rosemary,
        It is so ironic that you sent that video on your Journal today.  We have a handicapped grandson.  My daughter has been in a quandry about the Summer coming up.  Send him to Summer  School with the handicapped kids or send him to the JCC Program which he wants to go to with the "REGULAR" kids.  Teachers at school say "Send him here, he needs the repitition."  Nick says "I want to go to JCC where there is swimming and beach and ball games and trips.  We were all leaning towards school and what Nick wants be damned.

Your video changed the whole picture.  I sent it to my daughter at work and the decision is made.
           
                    --------------------------  
                  HERE IS THE EMAIL SHE SENT ME:

Mom, it’s funny you sent me this video.  I finally called Dominic Mavoli this morning to ask his opinion about JCC or Summer School.  After he said all of the things he is supposed to say and we figured the plusses and minuses he said I would be crazy not to do JCC.  He said he would send his kids if he could afford it!  He said it is a great opportunity and that he thinks Nick should still have the opportunity to be with typical kids, especially now that he doesn’t get the chance anymore.



He said he saw Nick and Max in the hall the other day so he stopped to talk to them.  He asked Max if he knew who he was and he didn’t but he said Nick immediately started doing the sign for Uncle Dominic!
                  ________________________
fYI--->  Nick has something called Apraxia of Speech. He is 12 years old.  Everything he says comes out garbled.  Dominic Mavoli is his social worker (I  think th

Anonymous said...

Chills and tears.  And lots of inspiration.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

That is one of the best songs from Garth Brooks and soooo true. I personally don't know anyone who hasn't been "in the fire" at one time or another. alice

Anonymous said...

Lovely lyrics! Yes, it is really worth making an effort to live in the fire, and really live! xox hugs sarah

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lyrics! Thanks for including them and sharing them, I've saved them to read over again from time to time.  I love that line, "Life is not tried, it is merely survived"..sounds like the story of my life. (Hugs) Indigo