Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm Back!

I am back from vacation and boy did I play hard!  I have a lot of catching up to do so I will be waiting till Monday to turn my alerts back on.

The first part of my vacation was a working vacation, but as soon as my daughter was confirmed my body went from being a temple to being an amusement park!
 
Thursday we spent running all over Long Island looking for Motorcycles.  I have always wanted to ride and with gas going through the roof I now had the perfect excuse.  I have to get my permit and take a class, but this is the bike I picked out and will be getting very shortly. I can hardly wait. 
The soon to be mine.... Honda Rebel!
 
Friday I was picked up by the Suffolk County Police Department and driven to the Police Academy.  This was Guinea Pig day and I was the pig!  I had to get drunk so the recruits could test us.  I won! LOL if there is such a thing.  I was the most drunk, but the recruits thought I was the least drunk.  (A sloppy drunk I am not! )
 
 
On Saturday I drove down to Philadelphia to attend my Grand Nieces Birthday party.  I strapped on my old skates and had a blast.  Unfortunately no one got any pictures of me on  skates, but my daughter was impressed (which is hard to do!)   Back in the day I used to be a skate guard.  ( that was another job I forgot to mention on the MeMe)
 
Emily
 
Mackenzie the Birthday Girl!
 
Emerson,  Kathi,  Brendan
 
On Sunday... I went over the my friends Sally and Fred.  Sally showed Debbie and I how to make sausage bread.  It was the perfect end to a wonderful vacation.
 
       Me holding the sausage bread we made Sally & Debbie
 
A lot happed in one week.  I have a lot of catching up to do, but it was a wonderful week.
 
 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots of fun you had, Rosemary!! I can't wait to see a picture of you on your Honda!!! you are a brave woman!!! but you are right, with the price of gas, it is the way to go!!

enjoyed the pictures; welcome back!

I'll be moving/taking a brief vacation next week so I'll catch you on the other side of the mountain after I move :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good vacation!
Missie

Anonymous said...

A lot happened indeed!   Nice motorcycle too...but be VERY careful!!  Yikes.
The bread looks yummy...

Welcome back...and how can I sign up to be a pig for crying on loud??

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a fun vacation. Bread looks very tempting! I've put sausage in mexican corn bread before. Now you can have fun catching up....alice

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a great vacation. Can't wait to see pictures of you on the bike. I haven't skated in ages, I used to love it. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a blast.  I'm happy for you.  A MOTORCYCLE????  You are one brave lady.  I couldn't drive in NY let alone drive a bike.  You be careful out there girlfriend.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I am afraid of motorcycles, LOL.  I love skating!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a week.  You could NEVER get me on a motorcycle.  LOL  Hugs to ya, Rosemary!  Love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

Hello there~
I'm new to your journal but think it's really fantastic.
Looks like you had a great vacation. Goof for you! My sister rides and I think she has a Harely, not sure. She's been riding for years. Many years ago as a young kid, we spent our Wednesday nights and weekends at either motorcross races (my real Dad and my Mom's 2nd hubby) or flat-track (no brakes) races. The deserts of Nevada (my home state) weren't always so much fun. But there were good times I remember! LOL Haven't been on a bike in lotta years..ha ha. Horses yes, bike no. Beautiful bike your gonna get there. Congrads!

Take good care :)
Huggers,
Gayla

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! Welcome back!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

You're drinking white?!  I always figured you for a Merlot kind of girl.  *wink*

XO..

~A