Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Step Three: BELIEVE!

Transcript of this video below
 
 
Step Three, in my humble opinion, is the most important.  You must truly believe that you will be successful.  In order for this to happen you must have a very clear vision of what it is you want to achieve. 
 
A good way to prepare your self is by meditation or prayer. This is important to do each and every day as much as possible.  It doesn't have to be big and elaborate or even ritualistic, however if you have the time to do so it will offer you a wonderful respite from the daily grind.  In a later blog I will offer some varied suggestions on how to do a more ritualistic prayer or meditation, but for now lets keep it simple.
 
Praying or meditating throughout the day is as simple as turning of the radio while you are driving, or the TV while you are cleaning, or perhaps going for your walk or job without your music and head set (unless music helps you focus).  Use this time to ask for what you want and to give thanks for what you have been given.  Do it as often as humanly possible.  Include the divine in your daily activities. 
 
Visualize.  This here is the key.  Remember when you were a kid and you wanted that special something for your birthday.  You would ask and ask and ask again and again.  You would draw pictures of it.  You cut out pictures of it and put it where you could see it and where you parents could see it.  You would talk about it with your friends and you used to imagine holding it and using it.  In your mind, you already had it.  You believed with all your heart you were going to have it, and most likely you did.  This is the childlike heart and mind we must have to manifest that which we desire.
 
Scientific studies support this as well.  A study was done on Olympic runners in which they were asked to sit in a recliner and run their race entirely in their mind.  Electrodes were applies that let the researches see how their muscles were reacting.  They then ran the race with the electrodes attached and the results were amazing.  The same muscles reacted in the same way weather they were sitting in the chair or running the race.  The mind does not know the difference between what it perceives is real and what our body is experiencing.  In the minds eye what it is experiencing is real and out body will react accordingly.
 
Therefore, staying with the weight loss model, the more you see yourself as having already achieved your goal weight, the closer you will be to getting there.  See and feel yourself in you thin jeans or your favorite dress or bathing suit.  Again I will go into more detail in a later blog about suggestions on how to improve this, but I think you have the idea for now.
 
It also doesn't hurt to place motivational reminders everywhere!  Cut out pictures of what you want and put them where you can see them.  Tell people what you are working towards, but do it with conviction; there is no room for failure.  Act as if you already have it!  If you believe it is already yours then act like. 
 
You can achieve your goal! 
 
That's all for today.  Tomorrow we will cover step four.
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am truly enjoying your video blogs Rosemary.  Very helpful information that I will give a try.  Thanks girlfriend.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Great advice, Rosemary.Certainly stay on track that way.....alice

Anonymous said...

I think believing in yourself and believing you can succeed is hard for most of us.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Rosemary, great ideas!! I do remember myself thin, LOL, and visualize getting there again and like I put in my and Koda's diet journal, every morning I've been trying to pray to the Lord to honor him with my body with what I eat and rely on him rather than myself; so far its working, thank you Lord!

looking forward to the next in your series; thank you for doing this

betty

Anonymous said...

Have I told you lately that you totally rock? I'm still amazed that you are willing to come share everything you do.
Did you really "do" Singer Island? I was always too chicken back then, LOL!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

hi rosemary, i didn't realise how far behind i was with my alerts!!! I totally agree with this one, when i wanted to loose weight a few years back every night before going to sleep i would picture myself in an outfit that i wanted to get back into. you have reminded me that i have got time to do this (when i was reading it i thought yeah right...when!) I also use ironing to think too! and i chat to my 2 year old as he can't tell me i am being silly!!LOL take care and thanks mrs t xxx