Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Liar!

Liar!
 
(I know somewhere in there you believe in yourself, your Gremlin is just not letting you do so!)
 
(A personal note to anyone who listed fear of failure; this exercise will work well to overcome that.)
 
So now you have your "reason" for why you don't believe in yourself.  Is there any truth to it?  I am guessing not.  If perhaps there is, maybe there is where you need to begin your work to help you believe in yourself.  But, I am still going to go with my first guess your a liar and it is your Gremlin that won't let you believe in yourself. 
 
Your Gremlin is that voice in your head that keeps telling you that you can't do something, or you are not worthy, or that you do not deserve what it is you are reaching for.  It lets you have just a bit of success to keep you coming back for more punishment.  Just as you begin to dream or believe you may succeedk, a problem or two comes up and your Gremlin says something like... see, I told you so, you can't do it.  Or, ha ha, you can't do it.  Or, told you that you weren't going to follow through, or a multitude of other things.
 
Today's challenge is to answer this... What exactly does your Gremlin say to you and how often does it offer input.
 
For more information on the topic visit:  Taming Your Gremlin
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am using this page to find out what my Gremlin says to me.  Perhaps others may want to use it also:

http://www.tamingyourgremlin.com/heart.cfm

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

To answer the question:  Today's challenge is to answer this... What exactly does your Gremlin say to you and how often does it offer input.
I have a few Gremlins.  Well a lot, LOL.  They say:
1.  "You can't accomplish what you want to!  You're not good enough.  Other people are smarter."
2.  "You shouldn't have feelings.  You know you are not supposed to.  Mom and Dad always told you that."  This leads to squashing of feelings which leads to depression.
3.  "Why try, b/c if you do, you will only fail, and then you will be embarassed in front of others!"  (fear of failure)
4.  "Don't try, b/c if you succeed, so much more will be expected of you, and you won't be able to obtain the success you want" (fear of success)
5.  "Why try, why risk, and put yourself out there (in things like relationships)?  You will only get your feelings hurt.  Most people don't like you anyway!"

Okay is five Gremlins enough, LOL?  How often do these Gremlins offer input?  I am getting WAY BETTER!!!  Especially in the last several months.  Thanks for these excercises, Rosemary.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

hi rosemary. one of my biggest gremlins is real ugly, it says i am not a good mum. probably what every mum says! I fear failure but if i keep reading your journal i am not going to let it ruin my life! you are a real rock, thanks. mrs t xxx

Anonymous said...

My gremlin doesn't have much to do with me:).......alice

Anonymous said...

Mine says........."You can't do it" (about weight loss), it says "It never works, no matter how hard you try" "your meant to be fat" "your meant to struggle", "you will never be a size 12"
My gremlin also has a Suite inside my head :(
Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

mine says "you'll always be fat, why bother", "there you go again doing/saying something stupid, you can't do that stuff" I like to think its the enemy playing havoc with my flesh with a little bit of the world thrown in rather than a Gremlin, LOL; but cute analogy

looking forward to more of this assignment

betty