Thursday, July 26, 2007

Decisions, Decisions Whats YOUR Decision?

He Who Hesitates is Lost!

The woodpecker's gotta go!

What are you waiting for?  Get off your ass (arss for the Irish out there) and do something already!
 
OK, yeah I can hear you already, what happened to patience.  Patinece is fine and very necessary and I am not tossing that asside.  I do not however want you to confuse patience, with lack of action and decisseveness.
 
Let me tell you a  story.  I don't usually include anectodes about myself, however if I have one positive trait is my decisive nature.
 
One evening my family was in town, my mother and father and her sister and brother and their spouses.  They were all many years my senior and we all went to a local chinese resturant for dinner.  Menu's were handed out and the waitress stopped by the table 3x in a 30min period to take our order.  Each time she stopped by the banter stopped for all of 10 seconds before resuming and the poor girl left the table without any more information then she came with.  When she came around for the fourth time I gave her the order while the rest of the table was still arguing about what they were going to order.  Froutry five min. after our arrival the "adults" had decided what they were going to order.  They then became impatinet wondering when the waitress was ever going to come and take their order.  It was at this time I let them know that I had ordered dinner for the table.  A hush fell over the table and they all looked at me in disbelief.  I could read their minds.  I'm sure you can imagine what they were thinking as well.
 
Long story short, the food came, it was great, everyone was happy. FORTUNATELY!
 
The moral:  Are you sitting around letting someone else make a decission for you?  If you know what you want, why not go for it?  Patience is important if you have a plan that is goal oriented. We will go into this more next week! 



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a smart girl!!!  Hugs,
Lisa