Thursday, March 20, 2008

Glenn and His Balls!

 

This is a picture of Glenn holding his Dexterity Balls.

Well I must say I am very impressed with Glenn this week.  He had his best week ever!

He only had one cigarette!  He also has been able to cut back on the Nicorette Gum.

Glenn doesn't really like the new balls.  He says they have some "Bad Mojo" which he likens to the Brady Bunch episode where they are in Hawaii and the Tiki Talisman sets off a chain of bad events.  He has stored them away for now and is using the original ones I gave him.  I have offered to cleanse the balls for him or take them off his hands.  Either way, we need to get rid of whatever bad vibes are on the balls.

In case you wish a refresher here, is part of the episode:

Next, this week we revisited why it is that Glenn is choosing to stop smoking.  His main concern is his health.  He wants to be around to watch his kids grow up.  I also challenged Glenn to try to stop chewing one less piece of Nicorette Gum a day, or every other day.  Our Goal is to get him off the Gum completely.

Previously the longest he had ever stopped smoking was seven month, however he had never stopped the gum.  It is my hope that this week I will be able to spend a little more time with Glenn so that we can deal with some of the triggers and come up with some coping skills.

This part of the process is highly personal and private and shouldn't be done on the air.  We will be on again March 25, 2008 at 6 am Tuesday morning on WRCN.

Last my girlfriend Veronica sent me this and I thought it was appropriate for this entry;

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, you can find anything on You Tube can't you?  LOL  I am enjoying following Glenn's journey.  He is inspiring me.  That is the main reason I want to quit smoking - my health.  I am going to be talking to my psychiatrist next week about Chantix.  Do you know anyone who has tried this??  Take care, Rosemary!  Happy Easter!  Hugs, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

I guess I need to get me some balls!
That video cracked me up!!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

when I saw what you entitled this entry, it took me by surprise, but just for a moment, LOL, then I remembered Glenn and the dexterity balls; I'm proud of Glenn; he's make fantastic progress!!! I hope he exceeds his previous record of stopping and quits completely, totally and forever this time!!

doing good work, Coach Rosemary :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I could never figure out what the deal is with smoking. I used to smoke when I went to the club (smoke counter-action) or with friends who smoked. Would completely forget to buy them!! So that was not much smoking for me and the packs I did buy would get dried out. Finally forgot the whole thing over a year ago.High tolerence here to everything. Maybe it's the herbs & things....Thanks for the visit, Rosemary (love that herb), alice

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Glen is on the right road.  I knew he could do with your help.  Motivation is the most important factor (experience talking)...grin.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I loved that video!  Still keeping my fingers crossed for Glenn!
Missie

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that Glenn had a good week. Keep it up Glenn!
Thanks for the video clip. I will pass it on to some of my friends.
Wishing you a nice day. Hugs, Maria