Saturday, March 8, 2008

A little about Me

Every now and then I share a little bit about myself.  Some new folks are stopping by (thank you Val from There Is A Season for picking me in her Guest Editors Pick in Magic Smoke) so I thought now would be a good time do share a bit about myself

About Me.

 

Rather then the usual statistics that are listed on my web site I will tell you a little bit about who I am.

 

I define myself by my friends, so I will start there.  I have found that by describing my friends, I describe myself as well.  I have had the most unusual and wonderful gift that, in my opinion, anyone could be blessed with.  My friends have become friends.  People, who didn’t know each other before and met because I introduced them, have become friends.  They do things together, they share with one another and stay in touch because they enjoy each others company.

 

My friends are open minded and warm.  They enjoy variety in ideas and people.  They are loyal and dependable.  They feel comfortable speaking the truth when they know you need to hear it and are confident you will continue to love them even still.  They have faith in the human spirit and understand people make mistakes.  They offer forgiveness quickly and qualify it with a warm embrace.

 

“A friend is someone who will bail you out of jail no matter what time of night it is, A GOOD friend is someone who will be sitting there next to you saying “damn that was fun”.

 

My friends are always there for me and if they aren’t sitting next to me there are only two reasons for that.

 

  1. Its because I am not sitting there because they had the good sense to talk me out of doing whatever would have landed me in jail.
  2. They just weren’t with me at the time and they will come to bail me out. (with the stern warning that they better be invited next time.

 

(Disclaimer: For those of you who don’t know me, I have never actually been arrested, and to my knowledge neither have any of my friends this story is just and analogy)

 

Most importantly my friends let me, be me!

 

Things I enjoy:

 

  1. An empty church or a quiet corner anywhere.  I have tea with God ever morning.
  2. Watching my kids do something that makes them truly happy.
  3. A long day at work that ends with a feeling of accomplishment.
  4. Parties with all of my friends
  5. A ride out to the vineyards with the top down on the convertible
  6. Sitting out side with a glass of wine or Lemoncello and a good cigar.
  7. Reading.  Almost anything and everything.
  8. A quiet night, dinner by candle light, soft music, good conversation, maybe a dance in the moonlight, and then…
  9. Poetry, I love poetry!
  10. My Heritage.  I love to learn about it, talk about it and I especially love the music and the dance.  I’m Irish.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

No kidding Rosemary...you're Irish.  I never would have suspected that with your red hair and fair skin..Grin.  I love your list (except the cigar part..lol).  Enjoy your Sunday my friend.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

this was fun to read; I liked the cigar part; I didn't see it coming

bet you enjoy St Patrick's Day?

betty

Anonymous said...

I have a hunch that if I still lived on LI, we'd become very good friends....
Ah, for now...the wonderful web will have to do.
; )

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I knew you were Irish from the pic at the top of the entry!  I'm Irish also, on my Mom's side!  Oh, congrats on being Guest Ed's Pick!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Of course I would be sitting next to you in jail, but I know it would be for the sheer reason....

.........Instead of fruitless efforts to try to keep you OUT of the slammer, I chose to at least join you to make sure you were OK and  to give you some company so you wouldnt be alone. :)

Love ya!
Donna

Anonymous said...

Rosemary, your friends sound fabulous =) as does your list of things you enjoy!  You are very welcome for the pick.  Hugs, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

Your friends sound wonderful, hope I will be included as I get to know you better!Thanks for filling us in a little more about you. As for #1 - having tea with God each morning, He drives to work with me everyday, my copilot if you will :-)
As for your comment in my journal this morning, I am in Florida. I live on the southwest coast near Sarasota - are you in Florida too?
Martha ~ http://journals.aol.com/lifes2odd/perception/


Anonymous said...

I loved this entry!!!!  Sounds like we would get along great and we like doing lots of the same things!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing! What a fantastic array of interests. I'm particularly impressed that you like poetry. I do, too. I have to admit I've even tried to write it when I've felt especially inspired. Thank you so much again for sharing!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Nice getting to know more about you Rosemary.  Not surprised your friends would like each other, they have something in common, yes?  It's sometimes amazing that we're able to connect with people at all these days, what with so many gadgets that isolate us, like ipods etc.  Interesting post.  CATHY

Anonymous said...

you and your friends sound wonderful, thank-you for sharing rosemary. mrs t xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mleppard06/eternity/