Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm good for your health!

I had a few ask why I was going to be at the WRCN live broadcast.

Answer:  I wanted to do a little PR.  (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

There were also men in kilts, (I wanted to see if those plastic beads work as well on kilts as they do on women's shirts in New Orleans) step dancers, a band, dancing, comedians, not to mention it is the one day of year I can start drinking before noon and no one thinks anything of it!

St. Patrick's day is my 2nd favorite holiday, second only to Halloween, which is the one day of year I can come out of the closet.

Now, why am I good for your health?

This is taken from an Real Age article

RealAge Tip 

A Sprinkle of Cancer-Fighting Spice -- Nice!

Whether you steep it, saute it, or soak it, oh-so-savory rosemary can elevate both your culinary skills and your health.

Why? Because not only is it one of the trendiest cooking spices, but the fragrant needle-leaved herb is also showing early promise as a cancer killer.

Antioxidant Action
Human studies are needed to confirm the effects, but in cell studies, rosemary extract has given both breast cancer and leukemia cells a real fight. That's good news about an herb we already know is chock-full of antioxidants -- those free-radical killers that help protect you from cell-level damage. (Get the skinny on protecting yourself from the aging effects of cell damage in the YOU: Staying Young Center.)

4 Ways to Get More Rosemary into Your Life

  1. Stick a fresh sprig in your lemonade, or steep it in hot tea.
  2. Add chopped rosemary to your tossed salads.
  3. Use fresh or dried rosemary in marinades for meats or vegetables (olive oil, fresh or dried rosemary, and soy sauce make a nice, simple one).
  4. Try this delicious rosemary-infused recipe from EatingWell.com: Garlic-Rosemary Mushrooms.


Everything's Coming Up Rosemary
More reasons everything's rosy with rosemary:


 

RealAge Benefit: Getting the right amount of antioxidants through diet or supplements can make your RealAge 6 years younger.

  • rosemary tea

    '>
    Spring has almost sprung. Start planning your garden now, while you sip a warm cup of fragrant
    rosemary tea. Be sure to include this tough cancer fighter as part of your herb section -- not only is it a delicious flavor booster, it's also a hearty grower that will turn even the blackest thumb green.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...I'm glad to have Rosemary in my life taking care of my health so nicely.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosemary, just started reading your journal (from Joyce's) and really enjoy it. I've studied herbs/foods effects since I was about 23 and it has paid off tremendously. Could write volumes on it. In short, THEY WORK. Come visit my journal anytime.....alice

http://journals.aol.com/gitterdunna/walking-through-this-life/

Anonymous said...

Having Rosemary in a person's life every day is good for health? Well, that sounds like a great idea. hugs xox sarah

Anonymous said...

To all of you who just recently have encountered "Rosemary" I can truly say that she is good for your health!
I have known her for many years and she has been NOTHING but an inspiration and a TERRIFIC friend!
Guess I will now have to try adding the "herb" to my diet also.
xoxo Veronica

Anonymous said...

LOL; this was cute; didn't know rosemary had so much to offer :) (but I know Rosemary - i.e. you -- has a lot to offer)

betty

Anonymous said...

Wanna see men in kilts? Come to my neck of the woods lol

Anonymous said...

hi rosemary, i agree with veronica's comment you are certainly good for the health and i will have to see how i can add the herb to my intake of herbal stuff! taking alot of herbal stuff for hormone inbalance seems to be working. nature is the best! take care mrs t xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mleppard06/eternity

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative entry, especially if you are a Rosemary lover!

I just saw an article in the newspaper making similar claims about Rosemary and Thyme.

I have a herb garden on patio and use them on everything, they add so much, making the ordinary...extraordinary!

Now, who can't use a little of that?

Thanks for the recipie....guess what Ill be having for dinner!

Peace and Harmony...Marc :)