Friday, March 28, 2008

I forgot yesterday was Friday!

Friday is usually poetry day here at Inspiration, and I completely forgot yesterday was Friday and started a whole new topic at the end of the week. We will pick up on that on Monday.  For now, a poem!

This picture is by Michael Parks (my favorite artist)  This print hangs in my living room.

 

Distance

Were you to cross the world, my dear,
To work or love or fight,
I could be calm and wistful here,
And close my eyes at night.

It were a sweet and gallant pain
To be a sea apart;
But, oh, to have you down the lane
Is bitter to my heart.

Dorothy Parker

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's sad and painful.  I wrote a poem similar to this when I was in college.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Love the print and the poem. Have a great weekend!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Good morning Rosemary, yes it is the week-end so have a really great one. Not sure what I think about the picture.........alice

Anonymous said...

Very profound. Thank you for sharing.
Have a nice weekend. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Wow, interesting.  Loved it.  Hope you are having a lovely weekend, honey.  Hugs, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

I never forget it's Friday because I know that Friday means Rosemary's poetry! lol.
Any day you bring verse is a great day! You have no idea how much this means!You are so inspirational, your turn is coming to be inspired, to just let yourself be loved.  xox hugs Sarah

Anonymous said...

Love, love the poem.  Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

lovely poem. i am a day ahead this week for some reason! take care mrs t xx